Where can I get Preveal?
Wait… $75? But everything else is $.99 in the App Store!
- Let’s take Preveal out of the 99 cent App Store world for a minute and put this in the context of the prices we all pay for the tools we use in running a professional photography business. Photoshop – $700. ProSelect – $400-$700. ShootQ – $40-$80/ month. Successware – $50/month. Totally Rad Action Set – $150. That doesn’t even begin to look at the actual tools of the trade when it comes to camera equipment, conference and professional association fees and that adorable lens bag or camera strap you just bought. Preveal is $75, which is a fantastic price for a tool you’ll use in running a professional photography business; a tool that will pay for itself time and time again with each use.
Is it available on Android (iPod, iPhone, Computers, something other than my iPad)?
- We’re directing all of our resources toward the iPad app at this point. With that said, we’ve got plans for something bigger than this down the road that will be available on all platforms, we just need to get Preveal perfected first.
Will it work on iPad1?
- For the most part, yes. Obviously, the camera-related features will not. To accomodate the lower amount of memory in the iPad1, we recommend sizing your client session images to 900px on the short end at 72 DPI. We recommend this for all iPad versions, actually.
Can I create my own templates?
- Not yet, but that’s right at the top of our list of features.
How do I calibrate Preveal to show my images at the right size on my client’s wall image?
- Calibrating Preveal to your wall image is simple, all you have to do is take a horizontal picture of a standard “letter” size piece of paper (8.5″x11″) on the wall with the iPad2 or the new iPad or import one from Dropbox or your iPad’s Photo Album. From there, you pinch and pull the box until it’s the same size as the piece of paper on your wall. You’re ready to show the templates on your client’s wall at the right size! For more info, please see the “Preparation” section of this help documentation below.
I don’t have any images of my client’s walls, what can I do?
- We’ve provided a few of the stock room images we’ve been using for our demos, available for download from the resources page.
Can I use a vertical image of my client’s wall in Preveal?
- In order to take advantage of as much side-to-size screen space (since the majority of templates are wider than they are tall), Preveal only uses horizontal wall photos. Be sure to take this into account when photographing your client’s wall, or asking them to provide wall images.
Do I need an internet connection to use Preveal?
- Nope, you just need to plan ahead a little more and be sure that you’ve synced your client’s images to your iPad through iTunes before you begin your sales session.
What collection and single image templates are included in Preveal when I purchase it?
Can you help me price my templates?
- Why yes… yes we can. Check out the calculator on the Resources page. It’s a good way to get yourself a ballpark idea of where you should be in order to price profitably. Use it as a guide and adjust accordingly.
Sweet resources… what else is available?
- In addition to the Lightroom plugin and pricing calculator, we’ve got an order form you can use and some stock room images you can use in Preveal in the event that you don’t have a photo of your clients’ room as well as a link to a great resource that Design Aglow has created exclusively for Preveal users. Check them all out on the Resources page.
I’m interested in cross-marketing with Preveal, who should I contact?
- We would love to discuss a marketing relationship with you! Please send an email to Chris at email@example.com and include your company name, contact info, average blog readership, facebook fans or email readership and what kind of cross-marketing plan you have in mind.